Fire Up That Big Band!
Brussels Jazz Orchestra shares its experience and knowhow from the last 25 years with the homegrown big band community. In 2021, three big bands will be one again coached by three BJO musicians during a whole day. Orchestras and musicians who fire up a big band, that's our goal.
Sunday 14 February 2021 will be all about inspiration, fascination and exchange. A team of 3 BJO-musicians (Bart De Nolf, Bart Defoort and Frederik Heirman) will welcome 3 different big bands, who will be alternately coached by each of them throughout the day.
Every participating orchestra chooses three works for which they wish coaching. Preferably, these are songs that the band rehearsed before. The BJO coaches take care of one of these compositions for each orchestra. During three rehearsal sessions, they'll work on the compositions in a rotation sytem. This way, every big band will get to meet the three BJO musicians. The coaches conduct, give feedback and provide an insight in the working process of a professional. Their input offers the finishing touch for the repertoire of each orchestra, ideal to take advantage of for an upcoming concert.
During lunch, there's time for the musicians and the participating big bands to exchange thoughts. At the end of the day, the three orchestras perform their repertoire during a concert, led by the coaches.
Sunday 14 February 2021 at De Kampanje in Steenhuffel.
- 11.00 – 13.00 > Rehearsals
- 13.00 – 14.00 > Lunch break
- 14.00 – 16.00 > Rehearsals
- 17.00 > Concert (open for the public) - if possible regarding the measures (COVID-19)
- Participation fee per band: €550 (VAT exclusive). You can order sandwiches in advance. Beverages are available on site.
- Fire Up That Big Band! will take place entirely according to the measures imposed. Detailed information will follow by e-mail (after registration).
- If the authorities impose new measures that make the activities impossible, the event will be cancelled.
- In the event of cancellation, no participation fee is due.
Subscribe before October 31st 2020 through this link.