Stay with us
These are challenging times for big bands. Since COVID-19 shook up all agendas, musicians are craving to perform. Brussels Jazz Orchestra has therefore decided to provide a challenging virtual meal that can be devoured by any big band musician. Grab your instrument and join BJO musicians Frank Vaganée, Marc Godfroid & Serge Plume in a new virtual orchestra. The composition 'Stay with us' (written by Frank Vaganée), invites everyone to play together with the musicians of the Brussels Jazz Orchestra in a virtual international (occasional) orchestra.
Send us your entry!
We invite everyone to play the composition 'Stay with us', together with musicians of Brussels Jazz Orchestra.
What do you have to do? It's simple! Download the mp3-track & your part, let the camera roll, play your part and send us your video. With all entries, we will compose a virtual video orchestra.
We're looking for a full orchestral line-up (minus leads):
- Altsax 2
- Tenorsax 1 & 2
- Trombone 2 & 3
- Bass trombone
- Trumpet & flügelhorn 2, 3 & 4
- Use the mp3-track of ‘Stay with us’ as a guide for tempo and pitch.
- Make a video in which we can't hear the mp3-track, only your own part. Listen to the track with headphones while playing.
- Count down on camera, together and simultaneous with the track. This way, we can easily make a compilation of all entries afterwards.
- Set up your camera horizontally while filming.
- Send us a message if you have questions! (email@example.com)
Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26 October 2020, with the subject ‘Stay with us’. A compilation video of the entire virtual orchestra will be shared on our channels at the beginning of November.